Get a behind the scenes look at the movie Tortured for Christ which is a real life story about Richard Wurmbrand, a Christian martyr, who stood firm in the Christian faith in the midst of being brutally persecuted. The movie’s director, John Grooters, joins the Men Unplugged show as Jeff and John look at Richard’s story for practical ways on how you can stand firm in your faith. So whether you’re at home, work, or in the community you will be encouraged and equipped to stand firm and true to your faith as a disciple of Jesus Christ.
- If you stand for what’s right according to God’s Word you are going to get persecuted in some way. It may not come in the form of physical torture but it may be in the form of judgment, losing a business deal, a job, or even a friendship.
- There are two types of Christians, those who sincerely love God and those who just as sincerely say they love God. Original quote from Italian Preacher and Martyr, Girolamo Savonarola.
- “Many men that came to room 4 were atheist, but not one of them died an atheist.” Richard Wurmbrand in Tortured for Christ
- God does not call us to be politically correct. God calls us to be true to His Word.
- As men of God we need to live in such a way realizing the Holy Spirit resides in us and that we need to love even our enemies and pray for those who persecute you.
- Just like King David, when the chips are down in your life seek the Lord.
- Sometimes what you think is a bust in society’s eyes is actually a victory in the eyes of God.
- If you cannot get over yourself, you have not been transformed by the Gospel.