Do the commandments that God gave Moses at Mt. Sinai apply to Christians today? If so, how can you more fully understand them as a born-again believer to live a life that is more fruitful. Today's guest, Michael Johnston, has been attending a Messianic Congregation where he's studied the Hebraic roots of our Christian faith over the last ten years and how understanding Jesus in his biblical language, culture, and context will help you experience all the freedom that Jesus Christ has given us through His sacrifice on the cross. You’re going to learn how to properly interpret and walk in the O.T. commandments of God, as well as, more fully grasp what the New Covenant entails as listed in Jeremiah 31.
- The word ‘Torah’ in Hebrew is the concept of a bullseye (i.e. hitting the mark). The word ‘Torah’ means teaching and instruction. In ancient Hebrew the word ‘Torah’ means directions for the journey.
- God’s 613 principles found in the Torah - the first five books of the Old Testament are God’s direction for the journey for your life
- Understanding God’s principles found in the Torah, the first five books of the Old Testament, will help you gain clarity and purpose in your life.
- Trust God that He is going to bless you when you follow His principles
- If you’re seeking God don’t be afraid of the truth that challenges what you currently believe
- If you look at God’s commandments the wrong way they won't fulfill the purpose their meant to fulfill in your life
- Digital Study Bible - Available Exclusively at MenUnplugged.net
- Ten Steps to Power and Purpose - Digital Book
- For full show notes and links to the resources discussed on this episode go HERE
- Get Your FREE audiobook and FREE 30-day trial to Audible here: FREE Book
- Jeff Jerina's evangelism training book. To get a discounted pre-order copy, signup to the weekly email list HERE
- Support Men Unplugged